After coming close to landing a big priced winner last weekend Gaz is back with more EFL fancies to spice up your Saturday.
I have to admit I’m not quite over the fact that Exeter let the accumulator down last weekend. The Grecians dominated the match racking up 63.8% possession but were hit with a sucker punch counter-attack early in the second half, from which they couldn’t recover.
Leyton Orient v Hartlepool – Sat 27th Aug 15:00 BST
- Leyton Orient sit top of League Two boasting an unbeaten record (W4, D1, L0) after the opening 5 matches.
- The O’s are yet to concede a goal at Breyer Group Stadium this term and look set to extend that run against a struggling Hartlepool side.
- Hartlepool have not won at all this season and have lost both away games quite convincingly.
- The bookmakers haven’t missed the gulf in class between these sides with Leyton Orient being best priced at 4/6. A home win and over 1.5 goals is priced at 11/10 and that looks like an angle worth playing.
Stockport v Swindon – Sat 27th Aug 15:00 BST
- Stockport were the talking team coming into the season being placed as title challengers despite being newly promoted. Things haven’t gone quite to plan though with just one win in their opening 5 league matches (W1, D0, L4).
- County’s success in the National League last term was built on home form and it looks like the Bookmakers are pricing this game on that form rather than the seasons start.
- Swindon featured in last week’s column, landing the odds with a comfortable 3-0 win over Rochdale.
- Although that win was the Robins’ first of the season they had been building momentum with draws against Leyton Orient and Salford, both of whom have started extremely well.
- Swindon have had a full week to prepare whereas Stockport had the distraction of facing Premier League Leicester in mid-week (eventually losing on penalties).
- I had flirted with the double chance market but the 10/3 for an away win is too good to resist and is my bet here.
Sutton v Mansfield – Sat 27th Aug 15:00 BST
- Sutton have had a mixed start to the season winning just 1 of their opening 5 matches (W1, D2, L2).
- United have struggled in front of goal, failing to score in their last 2 games and they’re yet to score more than once in any league match.
- Mansfield have picked up all of their points at home (winning 3/3) and have lost both away matches. Normally that would be a concern but those losses have been at the hands of good sides (Salford & Leyton Orient).
- The Stags have scored 7 goals in their last 2 games and should have too much firepower for Sutton.
Morecambe v MK Dons – Sat 27th Aug 15:00 BST
- Neither of these sides have started the season particulalry well, a fact highlighted by their lowly league positions (Morecambe 23rd, MK Dons 22nd).
- Morecambe have yet to pick up a win but have shown battling qualities to eek out three draws (W0, D3, L2).
- Goals have been a particular problem for The Shrimps with just two goals scored thru 5 matches.
- MK Dons started with 3 straight losses but have improved in recent weeks taking 4 points from a possible 6 in the league. In addition to that they’ll be buoyed by the 0-2 victory over Championship Watford on Tuesday.
- The Dons look like a team on the up and at 23/20 I fancy them to pick up another win here.
Leyton Orient v Hartlepool – Leyton Orient & Over 1.5 Goals (3 points @ 11/10)
Stockport v Swindon – Swindon Win (1 point @ 10/3)
Sutton v Mansfield – Mansfield Win (1 point @ 29/20)
Morecambe v MK Dons – MK Dons Win (2 points @ 23/20)
Above in an accumulator (1 point @ 47/1)