The EFL season is in full swing and Gaz fancies Accrington Stanley to lead the way in this 23/1 accumulator.
After two game weeks the league tables are starting to take shape across the EFL and should make finding value that bit easier. These selections look to have a great chance and hopefully we can land our first winner of the season.
Luton v Preston – Sat 13th Aug 15:00 BST
- Luton’s season has yet to really get going (2 draws) but this looks a good chance to get three points on the board after giving title chasers Burnley a shock last weekend. The Hatters showed real determination and doggedness to limit the home side’s chances, despite conceding large amounts of possession (Burnley ended the game with 71.3% possession).
- Luton’s playoff run last term was built on home form, losing just 4 of their 23 matches at Kenilworth Road and holding an impressive 52.17% win rate.
- Preston have also drawn both opening league matches and have yet to score or concede over those 180 minutes.
- This could be a tight game but given Luton’s home record there looks to be value in the 13/10 available.
Accrington v Burton – Sat 13th Aug 15:00 BST
- Burton have been atrocious thus far losing all three matches they’ve played in league and cup. They are yet to find the net and have conceded 7 goals in their opening 2 League One games leaving them rooted to the bottom of the table, even at this early stage.
- Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink will surely be feeling the heat and looks to have lost the dressing room.
- Accrington are unbeaten in their three games, scoring at least one goal in each.
- They’re a consistent outfit at Wham Stadium losing just 5 matches at home last term. Up against a team in turmoil they’re my banker this weekend.
Derby v Barnsley – Sat 13th Aug 15:00 BST
- I attended Derby’s defeat at the hands of Charlton last weekend and I’m still struggling to get my head around how The Rams came away pointless.
- Liam Rosenior’s men dominated the first half and could have been out of sight if they’d converted the hatful of chances they created. Ultimately they paid the price and were hit with a sucker punch on the counter attack.
- Despite that defeat they gave the impression of a team about to click and there’s no doubting they’ve an abundance of quality in their ranks.
- Barnsley tend to struggle on their travels and lost on the opening weekend away at Plymouth. Including last season The Tykes have now won just 1 of their last 24 away league fixtures.
- Derby have won 6 of the last 7 meetings of these sides at Pride Park.
Morecambe v Fleetwood – Sat 13th Aug 15:00 BST
- Fleetwood had a great result last week coming back from one goal down versus Plymouth to take all three points late on.
- Scott Brown’s men ran Port Vale all the way on the opening weekend and look like they’ll be very competitive this term.
- The Cod Army took the scalp of Championship Wigan in the EFL Cup in mid-week and if they are able to continue that form, they should be able to land the pretty big odds available (19/10).
- Morecambe are yet to score a goal this season and I think they’ll struggle to deal with the Fleetwood attack.
Luton v Preston – Luton Win (1 point @13/10)
Accrington v Burton – Accrington Win (3 points @ Evens)
Derby v Barnsley – Derby Win (1 point @ 17/20)
Morecambe v Fleetwood – Fleetwood Win (1 point @ 19/10)
Above in an accumulator (1 point @ 23/1)